We all know it’s important to remain hydrated during workouts. Fluids and electrolytes are lost while training and racing and must be replaced. Why not try staying hydrated with infused water throughout the day to help hydrate your workouts?
Staying hydrated throughout the day is important for both your health and for your upcoming workouts. You don’t want to start you workout in a hydration “debt”. But, let’s face it, sometimes water can be boring.
So why not create your own naturally flavored water? Staying hydrated with infused water is simple way to stay hydrated throughout the day without the added sugar or calories you’ll find in other drinks.
You can liven up your water with one or a combination of:
Fruits & Vegetables:
Flavoring your own water is simple:
- Wash the fruit, vegetables, and/or herbs
- Cut up the produce
- Add to a pitcher or glass
- Fill your pitcher or glass with water
- Stir or muddle
– To avoid pesticides and chemicals, choose organic produce.
– How much produce you add is based on how much flavor you want and how much water you’re adding.
– You can eat the fruit and vegetables after and while drinking the water.
– Some produce can be reused. So, go ahead and add more water if you think it looks good to reuse.
Experiment with each one and try a combination of two or three in your water.
Then let us know in the comments below what your favorite combination is.
Leave a Reply