Today is St. Valentine’s Day and it’s also American Heart Month. What better time to discuss heart health?
How can athletes keep their hearts healthy? It’s more than just going out for a run and eating a salad.
You’ll need to train smart and eat to support your active lifestyle. Here are some tips to do that:
- Follow a well constructed, periodized plan. See how we can help!
- Include rest and recovery in your training.
- Listen to your body and don’t ignore symptoms.
- Include strength training.
- Eat to support your training.
- Eat to stabilize your blood sugar so that you can support a healthy body and prevent disease.
- Remember that it’s not about pushing to 100% all the time, your training needs to have the right intensities at the right times.
Leave a Reply