Happy Global Running Day!
We know every day is a good reason to celebrate running, but the first Wednesday of June is set as a worldwide celebration of the joy running brings us.
Million Kid Run is on Global Running Day and is aimed at getting kids to move more. We know running and fitness is fun, so let’s share and inspire to get kids to learn the joys of running, fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
How can you take part in Global Running Day?
- Pledge to run on Global Running Day (scroll down to pledge now)
- Run your favorite route or trail
- Meet a friend for a run
- Play tag with your kids
- Invite a non-running friend to go for a short jog
- Sign up for a race
- Go for a lunchtime run
- Hire a coach and start training for your next race
- Get a new pair of running shoes and take them out for a run
- Run a new route and explore somewhere new
- If you’re in the New York City area, join the New York Road Runners for a fun run or free event
- Set a running goal and get started on it today
- Make a running date with your significant other
- Head to the track for a speed workout
- Find a hill and run hill repeats
- Run your errands instead of taking the car
- Create GPS art – run a route that will create a picture or letters on the map.
Let’s inspire others to move and lead healthy lives!
Share the love! - - >
Leave a Reply