Coach Joan accepts a limited number of coaches into the
Rise Endurance Coach Mentorship Program each year.
Coaching is more than just being an athlete yourself. Besides knowing the sport and how to develop a training plan, being a good coach requires professionalism, business sense, and knowledge of the sport & training.
We wear many hats as coaches; We’re business owners, cheerleaders, psychologists, physiologists… The list goes on.
But you’re not alone.
As a coach, you will constantly be learning, developing and growing. We can get you started in the right direction.
About Coach Joan and What She Knows:
Coach Joan Scrivanich earned her master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from the Ivy League university Columbia University in New York City and her bachelor’s degree from Seton Hall University in Biology & Psychology.
Before becoming a full-time coach, she worked in the healthcare field at the nation’s top ranked hospitals in New York City in Cardiac Rehabilitation, Open Heart Surgery, and Research.
Her Education and certifications include:
- Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology & Psychology
- USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach
- USA Track & Field Level I Certified Coach
- IRONMAN Certified Coach
- National Strength & Conditioning Association – Certified Personal Trainer
- NSCA – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support
Joan fell in love with sports starting at a young age and got her hands onto whatever sports physiology and training books she could get. She has been an endurance athlete for well over 25 years and has experience training and racing for countless races of all distances.
Joan also has invaluable experience in business. She grew up in a family business and learned valuable lessons throughout her life. She knows how small businesses are run and what it takes from practical experience. Her parents are immigrants and she is a proud first-generation American; a strong work ethic is a vital part of who she is.
In addition to coaching and mentoring, Joan is an author and writer. She has written Injury-Proof Your Run and is a contributing writer for USA Triathlon Magazine, USA Triathlon’s Multisport Zone and Triathlon Lifestyle Magazine.
Who This Coach Mentorship Program is For & What You’ll Learn:
The Coach Mentorship Program is for beginner triathlon coaches or beginner running coaches who are looking to build their business and learn about how to coach and build training plans for endurance athletes.
Coaching certifications are not required for this mentorship. Mentoring is open to those who are newly certified or who are just starting out and are planning on getting their certifications.
You Will Learn How To:
- Get Started With Your Business
- Develop an Annual Training Plan
- Develop & Deliver Training Plans to Athletes
- How to Coach Efficient Swimming, Cycling, and Running
The Coach Mentor Program Includes:
- Detailed Initial Consultation & Evaluation of your coaching needs & goals
- Sample Forms
- Annual Training Plan Form
- Weekly E-Mails (initiated by mentee)
- Unlimited Texts
- Monthly Phone Calls/Video Chats
- Coach Website Review & Suggestions
- Social Media Review & Suggestions
- For an extra cost, you can also get TrainingPeaks libraries of workouts to use for your athletes
Ready To Get Started?
Coach Joan offers 3 Month Mentorships that may be repeated depending on your life and work schedules.
3 Month Mentorships include everything listed above for $145 per month.
For those coaches who are looking for both coaching and mentoring for themselves, please fill out the form below. You will be contacted with details and pricing.