About Rise Endurance & Coach Joan
Our Training is Scientifically Based and Athlete-Centered
so that You Can Reach Your Full Potential
Joan Scrivanich is a Coach and Exercise Physiologist who works with both local and remote athletes. She is headquartered in Fort Lee, NJ with locations in Brant Beach, NJ and Lake Placid, NY.
Joan earned her Master’s Degree in Applied Exercise Physiology from Columbia University in New York City. Before becoming a full-time coach, she worked in the healthcare field at the nation’s top ranked hospitals in New York City.
Coach Joan takes a holistic approach to coaching; her scientifically based training is athlete-centered and takes the whole athlete into account in order for athletes to become empowered and reach their full potential.
In addition to coaching runners and triathletes, Joan also Mentors Other Coaches.
Read our Athlete Testimonials and find out what our athletes have to say.
Joan’s Degrees and Certifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Applied Exercise Physiology from Columbia University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Biology from Seton Hall University
- USA Triathlon Certified Coach
- IRONMAN Certified Coach
- USA Track & Field Certified Coach
- USA Track & Field Registered Coach
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- NSCA – Certified Personal Trainer
- United States Olympic Committee SafeSport Program
- TrainingPeaks Level 2 Certified Coach
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
Joan is a proud first-generation born American. A strong work ethic was instilled in her at a young age and she carried that into her career and sports. She has been an endurance athlete for close to 30 years and has experience training & racing for many races, including:
- 4 Ironman
- 7 Marathons
- Countless other triathlons, road races, and trail races
- Division I college runner in both cross country and track
- Lifelong athlete which started as a kid swimming for a top ranked local swim club
Joan is an author and writer and has written Injury-Proof Your Run.
She has been published and quoted in:
USA Triathlon Magazine
USA Triathlon’s Multisport Zone
Triathlon Lifestyle Magazine