About Rise Endurance & Coach Joan
Our training is scientifically based and athlete-centered so that you can reach your full potential.
Coach Joan is a Full-Time Professional Coach and Exercise Physiologist who works with both local and remote athletes. She is headquartered in Fort Lee, NJ with locations in Brant Beach, NJ and Lake Placid, NY.
Coach Joan’s scientifically based training and athlete-centered approach to coaching has successfully empowered athletes to reach their potential and to reach the finish line faster.
Read our Athlete Testimonials and find out what our athletes have to say.
In addition to coaching runners and triathletes, Joan also offers Online Personal Training and Mentors Other Coaches. Before becoming a full-time coach, she worked in the healthcare field at the nation’s top ranked hospitals in New York City.
Joan is an Exercise Physiologist and earned her Master’s Degree in Applied Exercise Physiology from the Ivy League research university Columbia University in New York City.
Joan’s Degrees and Certifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Applied Exercise Physiology from Columbia University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Biology from Seton Hall University
- USA Triathlon Certified Coach
- IRONMAN Certified Coach
- USA Track & Field Certified Coach
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- NSCA – Certified Personal Trainer
- TrainingPeaks Level 2 Certified Coach
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
Joan is a proud first-generation born American. A strong work ethic was instilled in her at a young age and she carried that into her career and sports. She has been an endurance athlete for well over 25 years and has experience training & racing for many races, including:
- 4 Ironman
- 7 Marathons
- Countless other triathlons, road races, and trail races
- Division I college runner in both cross country and track
- Lifelong athlete which started as a kid swimming for a top ranked local swim club
Joan is an author and writer and has written Injury-Proof Your Run.
She has been published and quoted in:
USA Triathlon Magazine
USA Triathlon’s Multisport Zone
Triathlon Lifestyle Magazine